Te Ahu o Te Reo Maori Objectives
Te Ahu o te Reo Māori has five strategic objectives to achieve by 2025:
- To grow and strengthen an education workforce that can integrate te reo Māori into the learning of all ākonga and students in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Develop teacher competency, accelerate language acquisition, and inspire a passion to teach using te reo Māori and thus normalise the correct use of te reo Māori every day
- Lifting the capability of our education workforce (from early learning through to secondary school) to use te reo Māori correctly
- Every child in early learning and all levels of schooling has te reo Māori integrated into their learning
- To achieve systemic change across the education system so it directly supports the growth of te reo Māori and mātauranga Māori and is increasingly bilingual and bicultural.