Support for Teachers – Online Learning
Tue 7 April 20
Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga thanks you for all the hard work we know each of you are putting in to support your ākonga and their whanau during the unfolding situation of Covid19. We understand there are many uncertainties at this time and therefore it is important for us to ensure that you get the help and support you require. We hope to provide some clarity around who/what/where you can go to find this support with the information provided below.
- Some of you will have PLD hours. If you would like utilise your hours as planned, the PLD may be able to go ahead online. Alternatively a plan can be put in place to defer sessions to a later date. Further information on PLD relating to Covid19 can be found here.
- All kura can access additional support if required for support around distance learning.
- If you have a current PLD allocation, you can repurpose your existing hours, with your current PLD provider/facilitators, so that they can prepare you for distance learning.
- You can also request new PLD to support you. This has been through emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox to register interest. However, we are currently working with Regional Office teams to gather information around which kura might need PLD support, and they may be in contact with you in the coming days.
- Te Ara Whitiki has been re-established to assist you in delivering Learning from Home. This includes support around resolving technical issues, help using provided resources and designing and maintaining online learning programmes. The helpdesk is open from 8am to 5pm on business days.
- For support in Te Reo Māori please call: 0508 294 462.
- For support in English please call: 0800 700 401.
- Please continue to use and encourage whānau to check out Ki Te Ao Mārama. To support the online resources provided and to ensure all tamariki have access to information to support their learning, we are providing learning packs. In order to receive a pack, a form which can be found using the following link, will need to be completed for each child. This can be filled out by you or alternatively you can encourage whānau to complete the form themselves. A pack will then be couriered out to them as soon as possible.
Please continue to check out Kauwhata Reo for the latest updates.